IDSafeChoice – the trusted name in Identity Theft Programs!
If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity fraud for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) with DOLFCU! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Plus, the identity fraud recovery service extends to cover up to 3 generations of your family members!
Terms and Conditions of Group Identity Theft Detection and Recovery Services
- Consumers who are eligible for the group identity theft detection and recovery service (“Services”) include all members of Department of Labor Federal Credit Union (“Group Member”). This is known as the “Eligibility Requirement”. Department of Labor Federal Credit Union is hereinafter referred to as the “Program Sponsor”.
- The Services are offered through a group services agreement (“Group Program”) with the Program Sponsor and the Service Provider and are extended to Group Members.
- Access to the Services (“Benefits Period”) begins when the Group Member first meets the Eligibility Requirement, and ends when the Group Member no longer meets the Eligibility Requirement or when Program Sponsor terminates the Group Program, whichever occurs first. You may find additional information about the Services at www.dolfcu.org.
- The Services provide professionals to manage the detection, investigation, and remediation of incidents of identity fraud caused by Identity Theft. “Identity Theft” is defined as fraud that involves the use of any combination of a Group Member’s name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the Group Member, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes. Only Identity Theft incidents that are discovered and reported to the Program Sponsor or the Service Provider during the Benefits Period will be covered by the Services.
- The Services may assist the Group Member in seeking reimbursement for funds stolen in the Identity Theft incident, and/or providing assistance for filing a claim for insurance, but do not provide a guarantee of reimbursement for financial losses of any kind arising from the Identity Theft incident.
- The Services are non-transferable and non-cancelable by the Group Member and have no cash equivalent. There is no fee for using the Services; however, the account or service to which the Eligibility Requirement is attached may have a fee, based on the provisions of the account/service agreement that the Group Member has with the Program Sponsor.
- Neither the Program Sponsor nor its contracted Service Provider can be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing the Services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond the control of the Program Sponsor and its Service Provider.
- The successful completion of the Services described herein depends on the cooperation of the Group Member. The Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the Group Member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her responsibilities as part of the Services, or has obtained the Services knowingly without meeting the Eligibility Requirement. The Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of an identity theft case.
- THE SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE CREDIT COUNSELING OR REPAIR TO CREDIT NOT AFFECTED BY FRAUD OR IDENTITY THEFT.
- The Services are only available to residents of the United States. The Services are performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
- To access the Services, Eligible Consumers can contact the local branch office of their Program Sponsor.
- The Services are offered through an Agreement with NXG Strategies, LLC, www.nxgstrategies.com