Life’s a Journey and DOLFCU is here to guide you!
DOLFCU's New Youth Accounts are NOW AVAILABLE!
Our brand new Youth Savings and Checking Accounts are designed to build financial awareness and develop good financial habits as members move through life. As life evolves, we are excited to partner with you on the Journey!
Open a Journey Savings and Journey Checking Account to help your children take this first step toward financial independence. These accounts are available for ages 0-18 (Savings) and ages 12-21 (Checking) if parents are members of DOLFCU.
Journey Savings Account
Ages 0 to 18: Building a Foundation of Saving
- High-yield rate of 3.00% APY1 on the first $1,000, and 0.05% APY on balances over $1,000.
- Matching credit union deposits for milestones, life events, and achievements.
- Coindexter – Financial educational geared towards young savers.
- Back-to-school rewards
Journey Checking Account
Ages 12 to 21: Responsible Money Management
- Rewards debit card with 1% cash back2 on purchases
- Mobile banking – Pay Anyone, Mobile Wallet, A2A Transfer, Account Alerts
- Free ATMs, no service charges, no overdraft
- Incentives for BALANCE Financial Awareness modules (budgeting, spending, credit)
- Report card achievement bonuses to promote the importance of education.
- Establishing credit through your debit card
- Secured Loans to build credit history.
- College scholarships for DOLFCU members – Eligible by maintaining a good account or completing BALANCE Financial Fitness modules
- First Auto Loan (with co-borrower) – preferred rates!
1 Annual Percentage Yields (APY) is accurate as of July 1, 2021 and is subject to change. No minimum balance required to open. Primary member on account must be 18 years old or younger. Journey savings accounts are transitioned to Regular Share/Savings when the Primary member reaches 19 years old. Account fees may reduce earnings.
2 Cash back payout limited to $15/month per account regardless of the number of debit cards issued. Primary member on account must be between 12-21 years of age. Journey checking accounts are transitioned to an adult checking account (Basic or Reward Checking) when the Primary member reaches 22 years old.
* Message and data rates may apply.