Your Success is Our Success!
DOLFCU offers exciting challenges, competitive pay and great benefits. From developing creative solutions to working with our members, you’ll find success at DOLFCU!
Our high quality, comprehensive compensation package includes:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Vacation (Annual) and Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- DOLFCU Membership
- and more...
Consumer Lending Advisor
Our purpose is to be the foundation of financial success for our members and the Consumer Lending Advisor position is critical in helping us achieve our purpose. This position is responsible for matching the right loan product to our members' needs, cross-selling other loans and ancillary products. You will advise members on how they can achieve their financial goals, improve their credit, and determine which loan will fit their needs. Every day, you will listen to members’ needs and go out of your way to make lending with DOLFCU an easy and enjoyable experience! The person in this position will be knowledgeable about consumer loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit. You’ll lend our members an empathetic ear and demonstrate the knowledge needed to find the right products to set them up for financial success.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Embrace a sales and service culture that provides exceptional member service by exhibiting the behaviors needed to close the loan.
- Interview borrowers to find out more about their lending needs and other financial requirements, confirm that we have the right loan product that will meet their needs, and provide relevant information about each product.
- Process loans and fund loan applications, including collecting the required supporting documents, analyzing the information for accuracy, and forwarding applications to underwriting for review.
- Contact members to inform them of loan application decisions. When an application is denied, the Loan Advisor contacts the member to inform them of the decision and offer suggestions on steps the member can take to improve the outcome the next time they apply. If the application is approved or countered, the Loan Advisor will share the next steps with the member.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of the member’s credit and collateral and be able to sell ancillary products such as GAP (Guaranteed Auto Protection), payment protection, as well as auto warranties, that are instrumental in helping members avoid unexpected costs.
- Make outbound calls to members promoting our products and services.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Lending Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of Customer or Member Service experience with a focus on meeting goals, and deadlines. Prior sales experience is preferred.
- A forward-leaning approach to serving our members and finding solutions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A talent for articulating complex products in a positive light.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities requiring attention to detail.
- Intermediate or greater proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is a plus.
This is a remote position. The employee will be expected to have internet service at their home. The lending team works Monday -Friday from 8:15 am – 5:00 pm with some early mornings for team meetings and training.
Base salary of $35,000 a year, plus a generous monthly incentive program with no cap.
Lending Operations Specialist
The Lending Operations Specialist helps the credit union accomplish our purpose of being the Foundation for Financial Success for our members by ensuring smooth and continuous delivery of loan services to our members. This position assists in underwriting, ensures that the lending staff adheres to policy, follows established workflows, and consistently delivers exceptional service to our members. The individual assists the Lending Manager in daily department operations and works in coordination with management on special projects as required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes eOscar disputes to meet all regulatory deadlines and requirements.
- Underwrites consumer loan requests in the absence of the underwriter. Make sound lending decisions that will protect the credit union’s interest while working to meet member’s needs.
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports used by the lending staff to perform duties and/or management for visibility into department performance.
- Ensures that back-office processing activities associated with titles, Deeds of Trust, and other loan maintenance are completed in a timely manner in the absence of the Lending Service and QC Analyst.
- Work on projects in coordination with the Lending Manger that will enhance the services and products we offer members or add efficiencies to our loan processing workflows.
- Gather and review required documents when requested for audits.
- Performs other Credit Union functions and duties as required or assigned.
- Write and review department procedures.
- Two-year degree in business, accounting, or management and/or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of financial institution experience required with 2+ years working specifically in lending operations position.
- Proficiency in the use of modern office equipment. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications (Microsoft Excel, Word and Teams are a must); ability to integrate technology into work processes to improve productivity and oversight.
- Experience utilizing core processing and loan origination software in day-to-day operations and ability to leverage tools and features to gain efficiencies in underwriting, loan servicing and loan processing.
- Ability to organize information and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect data, to establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Identify problems, find solutions and effectively communicate the issue and results.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to deliver exceptional service to our members and maintain positive relationships with co-workers.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
Required Compliance Courses:
- Must comply with all applicable financial regulations and credit union policies as determined and enforced by DOLFCU.
This position is a remote hybrid position. The Lending Operations Specialist will be required to work on premises any days the Lending Service and Quality Control Analyst is out of the office and/or to attend specific meetings.
$65K - $75K (annually)
Don't See the Position You're Looking For?
We encourage you to submit your resume, even if you don't see the open position you are looking for. We're ALWAYS looking for excellent talent!